An estimate of 38,000 people die annually due to road accidents, and an additional 4.4 million incur serious injuries. In some cases, these injuries cause disabilities deterring the victims from carrying on their normal day-to-day activities.
With the rising number of people getting involved in fatal road injuries, it is important to try as much as possible to stay safe at all times. Everyone should observe all traffic rules and regulations, including the pedestrians, to reduce the number.
Are you a victim of a fatal road accident? Contact our Rockford personal injury lawyers from Tuite law by calling our office numbers or filling our online appointment form.
Causes of Fatal Road Accidents
With the results often being devastating, some of the leading causes of fatal road accidents are;
- The use of unsafe vehicles for travel
- Failure to use seatbelts
- Driving while under major emotional breakdown
- Driving under road conditions that are hazardous or during night hours
- Driving while distracted
- Over speeding the vehicles
Fatal Road Accidents Prevention Measures
Since the consequences of fatal road accidents are severe and often may be irreversible, it only fits that all prevention measures are taken to avoid fatal road accidents. Some of the prevention measures that can be applied include;
- Slowly and carefully drive your car.
- Avoid driving at night if possible.
- Develop the correct driving attitude
- Ensure your seat belt is on every time you drive
- Before taking unsupervised driving trips, ensure enough practice under supervision.
- Do not use drugs and drive under the influence.
- Maintain as few passengers as possible
- Slowly pull into traffic.
- Avoid tailgating
- Ensure your hands are always on the steering wheel
- Look out for kids and other pedestrians.
- Ensure your car is serviced regularly
Importance of Avoiding Fatal Road Accidents
Fatal road accidents not only affect the passengers on board but also their families and loved ones in extension. It is therefore vital to prevent it the much we can. Some of the leading importance of preventing a fatal road accident is;
- It minimizes the number of fatal accident injuries. Taking fatal road accident prevention measures reduces the number of people injured annually, reducing the injury rate.
- It contributes to increased national growth. Since fatal road accidents impact not only the victims’ lives and well-being but also the surrounding environment, if all the prevention measures are taken, the property damage rate will significantly reduce hence promoting the nation’s growth.
- Health promotion. Fatal road accidents impact not only the general health status of an individual but also their mental well-being and their friends and family. Taking the prevention measures, therefore, promotes their health well-being.
Talk to Rockford Auto Accident Attorneys
Tragically, some of the fatal road accidents could be avoided. You don’t need to be in a huge car bang for the results to be fatal. Your fatal road accident action not only establishes your case but also supports it. Your recovery statement and case file might be stripped due to its absence. If you cannot establish one by yourself, a professional lawyer should be contacted.
At Tuite Law, we believe in providing the best results and satisfaction. If you are a victim of a fatal road accident, please contact us at (815) 965-5777 for consultation scheduling with our experienced Rockford car accident attorneys to answer questions concerning your case and ensure it is handled with the right expertise.