Experienced legal representation for the injured and disabled.
MEDICAL CONDITIONS PREVENTING WORK IN ROCKFORD ILLINOIS
When a person’s medical condition prevents them from working, there is not just a physical toll, but an economic hardship to the injured person and their family. Tuite Law helps clients and their families overcome the financial hardships caused by being unable to work due to a medical condition.
No matter the cause of the medical condition, Tuite Law can help. If the medical condition was caused by a work injury, we pursue worker’s compensation benefits. If caused by auto or other accident, we pursue benefits against the responsible insurance company. If a medical condition arises from no particular cause, the person often has the right to pursue short-term or long-term disability benefits from an employer.
Your Work and Disability Compensation
Qualifying for Social Security Disability is necessary for any individual who may be inhibited from working because of a disease or debilitating injury. You are entitled to receive compensation if you meet different qualifications, including having a job covered by Social Security and if your monthly income is less than $1,170. Some of the jobs covered by Social Security Disability include, but are not limited to:
- Accountants and bookkeepers
- Bank employees
- Manual laborers, such as carpenters, electricians, miners, or other any other job requiring physical activity
- Heavy equipment operators
- Health care workers, including home health and nursing home health
- Security Guards
- Telephone operators or marketers
If you are unsure if you work in an industry where your medical condition can be considered by Social Security for benefits, you may want to consider calling us as your Rockford disability and injury attorneys.
Types of Compensable Disabilities
As we have mentioned above, the Social Security Administration has also delineated different types of illnesses, disease, or injuries that qualify for disability compensation. The following is a detailed list of some of these disabilities or injuries:
- Heart problems: Any heart problem or cardiovascular defect may be grounds for Social Security Disability reimbursement. These may include high blood pressure, heart failure, or blood clots.
- Digestive disorders: Some diseases that affect the digestive system, such as Crohn’s Disease or Hepatitis may be qualifying grounds for Social Security Disability in Rockford.
- Gland problems: Conditions that affect glands and hormone balance, such as thyroid problems or issues associated with obesity often keep people from being able to work and are often covered with SSD.
- Blood cell production defects: There are also many types of disorders that affect the blood or its production of healthy cells, such as sickle cell disease, leukemia, HIV, lupus, or anemia, all of which are debilitating and could cause long-term health problems.
- Cancer: There are several types of cancer that also qualify for disability benefits. It is best to consult a doctor and an attorney to find out which ones are compensable under SSD laws and regulations.
- Mental disorders: Mental disorders of many types, including PTSD, depression, or schizophrenia, to name a few, often make work an impossibility and are often compensable.
- Other physical impairments: There are also other physical issues or injuries that can prevent someone from working to their fullest capacity. Included in these are things such as soft tissue injuries, broken bones, dismemberment, chronic neck and back pain from prior injury, spinal cord injury, head trauma, or hearing or vision loss.
If you or a loved one has experienced any of these types of disability and have worked at a qualifying occupation, it’s important to get in contact with injury disability attorneys as soon as possible.
Our Approach as Rockford Injury and Social Security Disability Lawyers
As injury and disability attorneys, Tuite Law understands the connection between the legal and medical professions. We work with your physicians to understand your medical condition and document your limitations. We pursue cases no matter how unusual the medical condition, whether it be a physical impairment or a psychological one. As always, we do so without any fee to you unless you recover.
Whether you miss work for a few weeks or can never go back to work again due to a medical condition preventing work in Rockford, IL, you can experience significant financial hardship if you rely on your income to pay the bills. Bills can start piling up quickly and this is in addition to the costs of your medical treatment. Even missing a short period of work can cause you to fall behind enough that you may have to consider bankruptcy to catch up.
At Tuite Law, we will explore every option to help you pay your bills, cover your medical costs, and avoid bankruptcy. We will evaluate your situation, including the cause of your medical condition, and explore every option to get you the financial support you need. Because of our law firm’s wide array of experience with personal injury lawsuits, workers’ compensation claims, and disability benefits claims, we are able to help you no matter what caused your medical condition.
Our attorneys can help you in many different ways, depending on the circumstances of your case. Some of our services can include:
- Negotiating with insurance companies for a favorable settlement;
- Filing a personal injury claim against a negligent party in civil court;
- Helping with the workers’ compensation application process;
- Appealing a denial of workers’ compensation benefits;
- Seeking temporary or long-term disability benefits from your employer;
- Helping you apply for Social Security disability benefits;
- Appealing a denial of Social Security disability benefits.
All of the above can be challenging and complex and we can guide you through every step of your case until you receive the financial assistance you need from missing work.
How to Know if You Have a Case
There are several ways to go about finding out if you would be eligible for SSD benefits. If you believe that you have a medical condition that prevents you from working in a full capacity career, remember to call Tuite Law today. As Rockford personal injury and Social Security Disability attorneys, we will be able to work through the entire process with no money out of your pocket. The only time we assess fees is if we can win your case, meaning you are in good hands with motivated legal representation.