When long term disabilities prevent you from working, Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) can make up for lost income. Getting benefits you are entitled to often proves challenging, with many claims denied or delayed. To get the maximum amount you deserve in the shortest amount of time possible, get our Sycamore Social Security disability lawyer at Tuite Law on your side.
Entitled To Social Security Disability Benefits In Sycamore?
Long term disabilities can happen due to accidental injuries or illnesses, such as cancer and Parkinson’s Disease. They can also result from chronic conditions such as arthritis, asthma, and heart, liver, or kidney disease, as well as due to depression, bipolar disorder, dementia, and other causes.
Disability benefits available through the Social Security Administration (SSA) can help in these situations. At Tuite Law, our Sycamore Social Security disability lawyer is here to guide you in filing a claim. To be eligible for monthly payments, which can equal up to two thirds of your prior wages, you must meet qualification guidelines. These include:
- Suffer a qualifying condition: Consult the SSA’s listing of impairments to see if you suffer a qualifying condition;
- Worked at a job that deducted SSA taxes: A large amount of funding for disability benefits is paid for through taxes deducted from your wages;
- Earned the required work credits: Generally, you need 40 work credits to be eligible for SSDI. These are awarded based on your wages and the amount you worked. You can earn up to four credits per year.
- Have worked recently: Half of the 40 required work credits must have been earned over the past ten years.
Even if you meet the above guidelines, your Social Security disability benefits may not be approved. Up to two-thirds of all first time applications are denied. To prevent this, get our Sycamore Social Security disability lawyer on your side.
How Our Sycamore Social Security Disability Lawyer Can Help You
Once you file a Social Security disability claim, it is reviewed by the local office then forwarded to the Illinois State Disability Determination Services. Problems can arise at any point in this process, resulting in denials or delays.
While you are not required to get legal help in filing a disability application, it is strongly recommended. At Tuite Law, our Sycamore Social Security disability lawyer can help you by taking the following actions on your behalf:
- Thoroughly reviewing your case and ensuring you meet SSA eligibility requirements;
- Gathering medical records, statements from employers, and other evidence needed in your claim;
- Ensuring your SSDI application is filled out properly;
- Responding to communications from the SSA as they process your claim;
- Taking additional actions if your benefits are denied or delayed.
Reach Out To A Lawyer Today For Help
While you may be entitled to Social Security disability benefits, getting your claim approved is often a challenge. To avoid denials and delays, call (815) 965-5777 or contact our Sycamore Social Security disability lawyer online to request a consultation with Tuite Law today.