Long term disabilities can happen to anyone and at any age, leaving you unable to work. Depending on your condition and factors such as your income and the length of time you worked, you may be entitled to Social Security disability benefits. At Tuite Law, our Roscoe Social Security disability lawyer provides the trusted legal guidance you need in filing a claim. Our goal is to ensure your claim is approved and that you get the maximum amount you are entitled to.
Get Social Security Disability Benefits In Roscoe, IL
Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) protects you when long term disabilities prevent you from working for a year or more. You and certain family members may be entitled to benefit payments provided you meet program qualifications. You must have worked both steadily and recently at a job that deducted Social Security taxes from your paycheck, earning the required amount of work credits. You must also suffer from what is considered a ‘qualifying medical condition’. This includes:
- Accidental injuries resulting in long term disabilities, such as soft tissue injuries, spinal cord or column injuries, and traumatic brain injuries, which can result in physical, cognitive, and emotional impairments.
- Sudden or recurring illnesses that impact your health and ability to work, such as cancer, fibromyalgia, and Parkinson’s disease.
- Chronic, long term health conditions, such as arthritis, asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), diabetes, and heart disease.
- Cognitive, sensory, or mental health conditions, including bipolar disorder, dementia, depression, and hearing or vision loss.
Even if you meet all qualifications, obtaining disability benefits often proves challenging. At Tuite Law, we provide the trusted guidance you need. While not required, having our Roscoe Social Security disability lawyer on your side lessens the chances for lengthy delays and helps ensure you get the maximum benefits you are entitled to.
How To Apply For Social Security Disability
According to the Social Security Administration (SSA), roughly two thirds of all disability claims are denied the first time they are submitted. To help prevent this from happening in your case, get Tuite Law on your side. Our Roscoe Social Security disability lawyer assists you through the application process, which includes:
- Obtaining an official long term disability diagnosis from your doctor;
- Collecting medical records, statements from your employer, and other documentation to support your claim;
- Filling out and filing your Social Security disability application with the appropriate office;
- Responding promptly to any correspondence and providing additional information as needed.
Once the SSA reviews your application, they send it to the state Disability Determination Services office for a final decision. If approved, you can expect payments of up to a third of your prior wages. If denied, our Roscoe Social Security disability lawyer can immediately file an appeal.
Contact An Attorney For Help Today
When it comes to Social Security benefits, do not risk lengthy delays or denial of your claim. Get Tuite Law on your side. Call (815) 965-5777 or contact our Roscoe Social Security disability lawyer online and request a consultation to discuss how we can help you today.