Greg Tuite Fights For Your Rights
Greg Tuite was born in Rockford, Illinois in 1955. He received his B.A. from the University of Colorado at Boulder in 1976, and his law degree, with honors, from Chicago-Kent College of Law in 1980. Greg is a recipient of the American Jurisprudence Award in Torts for having the highest grade in his class in the study of negligence law. He began practice in 1980 in a variety of areas including criminal defense. After six months of practice, he argued the case of Hunter Corporation v. Industrial Com. before the Illinois Supreme Court, paving the way for vocational rehabilitation benefits for injured workers. Starting in the early 1980s he focused on handling workers’ compensation and Social Security Disability claims.
For over 35 years he has limited his practice to trials and appeals before the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission, the Social Security Administration and the Federal District Courts. He is a member of the Winnebago County, Illinois State (ISBA), and American Bar Association, the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association (ITLA), the American Association for Justice (AAJ), the Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Association, and the National Organization of Social Security Claimants’ Representatives (NOSSCR). Greg is a frequent presenter at continuing legal education programs on the topic of Workers’ Compensation and Social Security Disability.
- J.D., IIT/Chicago-Kent College of Law, 1980
- B.A., University of Colorado at Boulder, 1976
- Attorney, Tuite Law, 1997 - Present
- Attorney, Gerald Tuite Law Firm, 1980-1997
- Illinois State Bar Assn.
- Winnebago County Bar Assn.
- Lake County Bar Assn.
- National Organization of Social Security Claimants Representatives
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Assn.
- Workers Compensation Lawyers Assn.
- Workplace Injury Law Group
- American Bar Assn.
- State of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for Northern Dist. of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for Southwest Dist. of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court for Central Dist. of Illinois