Attorney Gregory Szul has over 27 years of experience litigating personal injury, worker’s compensation, and Social Security Disability claims. He began his legal career in Chicago, and in 1999 joined Tuite Law in Rockford.
Throughout his career, he has handled thousands of cases and recovered tens of millions dollars on behalf of his clients. He is dedicated to giving every client top-notch legal representation and the personal attention, honesty, and respect they deserve.
He has obtained several notable results including:
- A $1.9 million dollar jury verdict in Boone County, Illinois on behalf of a woman injured by a drunk driver – the highest verdict ever reported in Boone County for a non-fatal injury;
- The first case at the Illinois Worker’s Compensation Commission which upheld the injured worker’s right to medical treatment despite the insurance company’s “Utilization Review” denying that treatment;
- Weekly benefits for life for a union roofer unable to work due to a knee injury;
- A $450,000.00 settlement for a worker’s compensation shoulder injury;
- A $330,000.00 settlement for a worker’s compensation knee injury, where the previous attorney had only obtained a $50,000.00 offer;
- An over $250,000.00 worker’s compensation settlement for a part-time minimum wage worker;
- A Social Security Disability favorable decision awarding his client 12 years of back benefits, plus ongoing benefits, during which he twice won appeals in United States Federal Court;
- Plus countless other substantial recoveries.
Greg has represented clients from all walks of life, including construction workers, police officers, teachers, nurses, machinists, forklift drivers, assemblers, and service-oriented employees. He has handled car accident injuries, construction injuries, farm accidents, premises liability cases, and insurance disputes.
He also proudly notes that several of his clients have been referred to him by opposing attorneys, who have trusted him to represent their family and friends.
He is a member of the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association (ITLA), Illinois State Bar Association (ISBA), Winnebago County Bar Association (WCBA), and Worker’s Compensation Lawyers Association (WCLA). He serves as an Arbitrator of the Winnebago County Mandatory Arbitration Program. For the past several years, he has been selected by his peers at a “Leading Lawyer” in Illinois.
Greg lives in Rockford with his wife and three children, whom he happily devotes all his time to when not working.