Car accidents in Sterling happen on an unfortunately frequent basis. In even relatively minor cases, these can leave drivers and passengers suffering serious personal injuries. When the reckless actions of other motorists are responsible, you have the right to hold them accountable. At Tuite Law, our Sterling car accident lawyer provides the trusted legal guidance and professional legal representation you need in filing a claim. While you focus on your recovery, we focus on getting you the maximum amount you are entitled to.
Common Causes Of Car Accidents in Sterling
Sterling is a small, close-knit community, but with major highways and state routes running through the area, car accidents are a serious concern. According to the Illinois Department of Transportation (DOT), close to 2,000 people are injured in crashes and collisions throughout the Whiteside County area each year. Reckless driving on the part of other motorists is often to blame.
At Tuite Law, our Sterling car accident lawyer helps you hold at-fault drivers accountable for the property damages, medical costs, and lost wages you suffer as a result. Common causes of car accidents in cases we represent include:
- Distracted driving;
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs;
- Drowsy driving, which mimics the same effects as driving impaired;
- Failure to yield;
- Running red lights and disregarding stop signs;
- Speeding and going too fast for conditions;
- Tailgating and other aggressive driving behaviors.
Get the Compensation You Need to Recover
Even a seemingly minor car accident in Sterling can leave you suffering major personal injuries, which can impact you for months or even years to come. Among the most common include:
- Broken bones and dislocated joints;
- Deep cuts and lacerations, resulting in permanent scarring;
- Head injuries, such as concussion and skull fractures;
- Internal injuries, resulting in damage to body organs;
- Muscle sprains or tears and other soft tissue injuries;
- Neck and back injuries, such as whiplash and herniated discs;
- Spinal cord injuries, causing partial or complete paralysis;
- Traumatic brain injuries, resulting in long-term physical, emotional, and cognitive impairments.
Under the Illinois Vehicle Code, all drivers are required to maintain a mandatory minimum amount of liability coverage. When a car accident in Sterling happens and another driver is at fault, you have the right to seek compensation through their insurance company. Unfortunately, it is not uncommon for insurers to attempt to deny or downplay your claim.
To protect yourself in this situation, get Tuite Law on your side. Our Sterling car accident lawyer negotiates with insurance representatives on your behalf with the goal of getting you the maximum amount in a settlement. If the driver is uninsured or policy limits fail to cover your costs, we will not hesitate to file a lawsuit against them.
Reach Out to Us Today for Help
At Tuite Law, we are dedicated to helping car accident victims get the compensation they need to recover. Before making any statements to insurers or accepting any settlements, reach out to our office first. To request a consultation, call (815) 965-5777 or contact our Sterling car accident lawyer online today.