Experienced legal representation for the injured and disabled.
Injured at Work in Rockford Illinois?
According to information published by the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), 108,200 workplace injuries and illnesses were reported in Illinois in 2017 alone. A workplace accident can cause serious disruption to an employee and their loved ones—potentially keeping an injured worker off the job for weeks, months, or even longer. Workers’ compensation insurance provides much needed protection. If you or your loved one was hurt on the job in Illinois, we can help you recover the maximum available workers’ comp benefits.
Tuite Law was built on the foundation of representing workers injured on the job. We know that injured workers have many concerns – who will pay my medical bills, how will I support myself and my family while I’m missing work, am I being treated fairly by my employer and the insurance company. Our job is to level the playing field. Our Rockford, IL workers’ compensation lawyers will fight aggressively to protect your rights to the fullest extent provided by law. Contact us today for a free, no obligation consultation.
Four Steps to Take If You are Injured at Work in Illinois
Were you hurt on the job in Winnebago County, IL? If so, here are four important steps that you need to take to protect your health, safety, and legal rights:
- Report the Accident to Your Supervisor: Under Illinois state regulations, injured workers have a responsibility to report the incident to their employer as soon as possible. Do not wait to report the accident. Please be sure to formally report your injury/illness to your supervisor within 45 days of the accident. If you fail to notify your employer, your claim may be denied.
- Get Immediate Medical Attention: Severe injuries always require emergency medical care. Nothing should come before a worker’s health and well-being. Beyond that, all work injuries should be evaluated by a reliable physician. You can only recover workers’ comp benefits if you have seen a doctor and attended your follow-up appointments.
- Document Injuries, Time Missed, and Expenses: Ideally, your workers’ comp claim will be processed and paid out in full without much difficulty. Unfortunately, the process can sometimes be challenging. Always take the time to carefully document your injuries and expenses. If your claim is denied or if a dispute arises, these records will be useful.
- File a Workers’ Compensation Claim: Notifying your employer of an accident is not the same thing as filing a claim. In Illinois, the initial workers’ comp form is called an Application for Adjustment of Claim. If you have any questions about completing or submitting this form, our Rockford, IL workers’ comp lawyers are here to help.
Workers’ Compensation Claim Denied in Rockford? You Need a Lawyer
For a number of different reasons, workers’ compensation claims may be denied, delayed, or underpaid. If you received a letter indicating that your claim for benefits was denied, it is imperative that you call an experienced Illinois work injury attorney as soon as possible. You will need to request a hearing before an arbitrator with the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission. During this initial appeal hearing, both parties are given an opportunity to make their side of the case. Injured workers should be represented by an experienced attorney.
Why Choose the Rockford Workers’ Comp Attorneys at Tuite Law
Tuite Law has represented virtually every type of worker, no matter what occupation. We have represented construction workers, factory workers, retail employees, medical professionals such as nurses or CNA’s, teachers, truck drivers – you name it. We take on cases that other lawyers often refuse, such as injuries resulting from repetitive trauma or overuse. We handle cases anywhere in the State of Illinois, no case is too big or too small. We never have, and never will, represent insurance companies. When we represent you, Tuite Law is guided by the principles that are the core of our firm:
- Each client is entitled to personal attention. We listen and get to know you and your case;
- Each client is treated with respect, compassion, and dignity;
- Each client is fully advised of their rights, so they can make informed decisions based on their unique situation;
- We aggressively advocate on your behalf, making sure you receive each and every benefit you are entitled to.
- In the end, results matter. TuiteLaw has a proven history of results that has earned it a reputation as one of the leading firms in the State of Illinois on behalf of injured workers.
Having help from an experienced workers’ compensation attorney can often result in getting benefits sooner and with less stress. The process of filing a claim can be complicated and any mistakes you may make can result in delays or even denial of your claim. Our attorneys can guide you through every step of the claims process so that you can get the benefits you need to pay your bills as soon as possible. If your claim is delayed, we can work to make sure you get the medical care you need in the meantime. In the event that your workers’ compensation claim is denied, we will represent you through every step of your appeal.
Know How to Maximize Your Workers’ Comp Settlement
Another time it is especially important to consult with a lawyer is when you are offered a settlement from the workers’ compensation insurance company. If you are permanently disabled or if you lost a loved one in a workplace accident, disability benefits or death benefits can continue for a long time. In many cases, the insurance company will offer you a lump sum settlement in lieu of receiving continual monthly payments.
While getting a significant amount of money up front may seem immediately preferable, you never want to accept a settlement without first having an experienced workers’ compensation attorney review the settlement offer. In many cases, the offer will be less than you truly deserve in light of all of your future medical needs and lost income. If you accept a settlement offer that is inadequate, you will lose the right to ever collect benefits in relation to this particular injury, disability, or death in the future. For this reason, it is imperative to have a knowledgeable lawyer review the offer to determine whether it is enough to fit your needs.
Contact Our Rockford, IL Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Today
At Tuite Law, our workers’ compensation attorneys truly care about the rights of those injured at work in Rockford, IL. We understand the complex workers’ compensation system and laws in Illinois and we can help you get the benefits you need and deserve. To set up a free, completely confidential claim evaluation, please contact our law firm today. We represent injured workers in Rockford and throughout the surrounding communities in Winnebago County, including in South Beloit, Loves Park, Machesney Park, and New Milford.
If you have been injured at work, “Get Tuite” and call our office!