Losing a loved one in a truck accident, or suffering an injury yourself, can be shocking. When you are involved in a truck accident, be sure to contact our experienced Rockford Illinios Truck Accident Attorneys.
Different Types of Truck Accidents
Truck accidents not only occur for a number of different reasons – all of which typically involve human error – but in myriad different ways, too. Some of the most common types of truck accidents include:
- Override truck accidents. An override truck accident is true to its name; a large truck literally rides over the car in front of it. This may occur because the truck driver is driving too fast for conditions, following the car in front of it too closely, or because the passenger vehicle cuts in front of the truck too closely.
- Underride truck accidents. An underride truck accident is the opposite of an override truck accident. Rather that the truck riding over the passenger vehicle in front of it, the passenger car rides under the rear of the tractor-trailer.
- Jackknife crashes. A jackknife accident refers to a type of crash where the tractor-trailer swings around to becoming parallel to the truck’s cab, much like jackknife opens and closes. This type of accident can impact many other vehicles as it occurs.
- Squeeze play. When a car attempts to pass to the right of a truck when the truck is attempting to make a right-hand turn – and therefore moves to the left-hand lane in order to safely make the turn – the car may become “squeezed” between the truck and the curb.
- Rollover. When trucks make turns too quickly, travel at unsafe speeds, or are improperly loaded and experience a cargo shift, a rollover crash may occur. These types of accidents are often devastating for everyone involved.
The above list of truck accidents is not inclusive; standard sideswipe, rear-end, and head-on collisions are also possible. The attorneys at Tuite Law have experience representing the victims of all truck accident types.
Evidence to Gather after a Truck Accident
After you have been in a truck accident, it is important to gather evidence to determine how the truck accident occurred and who is liable. Important evidence includes:
- The names of all witnesses to the accident, as well as witnesses’ contact information;
- The names of the responding officers;
- A copy of the accident report;
- Photos of damage to vehicles involved, injuries, road debris, skid marks, traffic signs, and weather conditions;
- Medical bills and doctors’ notes/orders;
- Video footage of the accident, if in existence;
- Truck driver logs; and
- Electronic control module data.
Because gathering evidence on your own can be difficult, especially if you are significantly injured, our legal team will gather evidence on your behalf.
Contact Our Lawyers Today
If you are involved in a truck accident in Rockford, Illinois, we want to help you. We will go to work as soon as we meet with you and learn about your crash, and will do everything we can to get you the money you deserve. You only have two years after the date of your accident to file a claim, so it is important that you act quickly.
At Tuite Law, our determined truck accident attorneys in Rockford are experienced and compassionate – a winning combination when representing victims and dealing with insurance companies. Contact us today for your free case review.