We Handle Social Security Disability Claims in Rochelle and Throughout Ogle County
At Tuite Law, our Rochelle Social Security disability lawyers have the skills and experience to handle the full range of disability claims including SSDI claims and SSI claims. If you are filing an initial application for benefits or the Social Security Administration (SSA) has denied your claim, we are ready to help. To set up a free, no obligation initial consultation with an Illinois Social Security disability attorney, please call us at (815) 965-5777 or contact us directly online.
What to Know About Social Security Disability in Illinois
You or your loved one may be eligible for Social Security disability (SSD) benefits from one of two federal programs. Here is what applicants need to know about the types of SSD claims:
- Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI): Many Social Security claims are paid out through the SSDI program. It is funded by payroll taxes—meaning you must have a demonstrated work history to qualify. The length of work history needed to file for SSDI benefits depends on age. If you have any questions, our Rochelle SSDI lawyers can help.
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI): An SSI claim allows a person to file for benefits without regard to their work history, or lack thereof. There is a strict financial eligibility test for SSI. It is a purely-needs based federal disability program. Call our Rochelle, IL SSI attorneys for immediate assistance.
In addition to meeting the financial and legal standards, an applicant must also satisfy medical disability records. A Rochelle Social Security lawyer can help you prepare your medical records.
An Overview of the Appeals Process
There are few things more frustrating than having your disability claim denied by the SSA. You have the right to file an appeal—but you need to take immediate action. The initial appeal (Request for Reconsideration) should be filed within 60 days of the date listed on the denial letter. If your claim is not approved on reconsideration, the next step of the appeals process is a hearing before an administrative law judge. A Rochelle, IL disability lawyer can help you build a strong appeal.
You Can Rely on the Rochelle Social Security Attorneys at Tuite Law
Disability benefits should be paid out promptly. Unfortunately, too many people struggle to get the financial support that is due to them. At Tuite Law, we know what it takes to navigate Social Security disability. Among other things, our Rochelle, IL Social Security disability attorneys are ready to:
- Answer questions and explain disability claims during a free case evaluation;
- Review your application (or denial) and gather medical or vocational records;
- Take care of all of the Social Security disability paperwork; and
- Do what is needed to help you and your family get the compensation you deserve.
Contact Our Rochelle, IL Social Security Disability Lawyer Today
At Tuite Law, our Rochelle Social Security disability attorneys are aggressive, reliable advocates for people and families who need legal guidance. If you are filing for benefits or your claim was denied, we are here to help. Contact our law firm at (815) 965-5777 for your no cost, no commitment case review. Our firm represents Social Security disability claimants in Rochelle and throughout Ogle County, including in Polo, Oregon, Byron, Davis Junction, Hillcrest, and Forreston.