We Handle Social Security Disability Claims in Dixon and Throughout Lee County
At Tuite Law, our Dixon Social Security disability lawyer has the skills and legal experience that you can count on for guidance through the claims process. Whether you are preparing to file for SSDI or SSI benefits for the first time or your claim has already been denied by the Social Security Administration (SSA), we can help. To arrange your free, no obligation consultation with an Illinois Social Security disability attorney, please call us at (815) 965-5777 or send us a direct message.
An Overview of Social Security Disability Benefits in Illinois
Social Security disability (SSD) benefits are paid through two federal programs. Here are what you need to know about the different types of disability benefits in Lee County, Illinois:
- Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI): To qualify for SSDI benefits, you must have earned enough work credits through your payroll tax (FICA) contributions. The length of required work history depends on the age of the applicant. To learn more, contact our Dixon SSDI attorneys for help.
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI): If you cannot qualify for SSDI benefits due to lack of work history, you may still be able to get Social Security disability compensation through SSI. It is a disability program based entirely on financial need and medical status. Call our Dixon SSI lawyers for more information.
Of course, qualifying for SSDI benefits or SSI also requires comprehensive medical documentation. An experienced Dixon disability lawyer can help you gather and prepare the medical evidence.
Understanding Social Security Disability Appeals
Unfortunately, some people struggle to get access to the full and complete disability compensation that they deserve. If you received a denial letter from the SSA, you have the right to file an appeal. Your initial appeal is known as a Request for Reconsideration—and it should be filed within 60 days. If your disability claim is denied on reconsideration, you can get a hearing from an administrative judge. A Dixon SSD lawyer can help you navigate the disability appeals process.
How the Dixon Social Security Lawyers at Tuite Law Can Help
The Social Security disability claims process can be frustrating and confusing. You do not have to navigate the system alone. At Tuite Law, we are committed to helping clients secure the maximum available financial support. More specifically, our Dixon, IL Social Security disability attorneys will:
- Take the time to listen and understand your situation;
- Help you through all of the SSDI or SSI paperwork;
- Gather and secure any supplemental supporting documentation; and
- Take all required legal action to help you get the disability compensation you deserve.
Call Our Dixon, IL Social Security Disability Attorney Today
At Tuite Law, our Dixon Social Security disability lawyers are compassionate, results-driven advocates for clients. If you have any specific questions or concerns about SSDI claims or SSI claims, we can help. Call us at (815) 965-5777 or contact our law firm online for a free consultation. We provide Social Security disability representation in Dixon and throughout Lee County, including in Amboy, Franklin Grove, and Ashton.