According to the National Safety Council, car accidents caused approximately 4.5 million severe injuries in the country in 2018. One of the most devastating of these injuries was brain injury. A brain injury from car accident occurs due to trauma to the head, which is caused by sudden blows. The damage could range from a mild concussion to life-altering brain damage.
Brain injury can result in medical bills, time off work, and physical pain. It can also have long-term psychological impacts on you and your loved ones. Luckily, you can work with Rockford Personal Injury Lawyers to pursue damages for your losses.
Have you suffered a brain injury? Contact Tuite Law to learn about your rights.
Types of Brain Injury
Brain injury is usually caused by a jolt, bump, or blow to the head, which disrupts normal brain function. It can be mild and temporary or permanent, depending on how long the disruption lasts. Common types of brain injury include:
- Concussion – Most common brain injury. Occurs due to significant trauma, which causes the brain to move around in the head.
- Coup-Countercoup – Happens when trauma to the head causes the brain to slam onto the opposite side of the skull. Could cause bleeding on both sides of the brain.
- Diffuse Axonal – Refers to nerve tissue tears in the brain caused when the brain lags during movement of the skull.
- Contusion – This is direct trauma to the head which causes bleeding in the brain
Symptoms of a Car Accident Brain Injury
You might not experience symptoms of brain injury immediately after a car accident. However, it is crucial that you seek medical help immediately. Also, see a doctor if you experience the following:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Fatigue, dizziness, and loss of balance
- Change in sleep patterns
- Blurred vision and speech problems
- Sensitivity to light
- Concentration problems
- Convulsions or seizures
- Loss of consciousness
Brain Injury Treatment
Always see a healthcare provider immediately after a car accident. Every brain injury case is different. However, treatment will usually involve the following crucial stages:
- Diagnosis – Diagnosis will include a series of medical tests such as MRIs, X-Rays and CT scans
- Treatment – Your treatment plan will depend on your injuries. Mild concussions could require pain medication and rest. On the other hand, a severe injury could require surgery.
- Rehabilitation – Severe brain injuries often require extensive rehabilitation.
How Can Top Rockford Personal Injury Lawyers Help?
A brain injury from car accident can have life-altering impacts. Our Rockford Personal Injury Lawyers can help you seek damages to cover your medical bills, lost income, and pain and suffering. Ultimately, our goal is to fight your legal battles and allow you to focus on your recovery.
We understand that personal injury law can be complex. This why we offer top-rate legal representation and advice. Whether your case requires negotiations with the insurance company or litigation, we are up to the task. We will file and guide you through a personal injury lawsuit or claim.
Contact Us Today
At Tuite Law, we have been representing personal injury victims for over 5 decades. We are dedicated to helping you get back on your feet by getting you the compensation you deserve for your losses. Contact our legal team today online or at (815) 965-5777 to discuss your case.